Projects are under way or completed in the Dominican Republic, India, Kenya, Latvia, Romania, Russia and Tanzania. You can read about these projects by clicking on "Projects and Partners" above.
Please return often as the site is being updated as new projects begin and new stories are included.
Our MissionIMPACT works internationally to promote the human rights, recognition and social inclusion of people with disabilities within their communities.
- Supporting Indigenous Organizations
- to create and provide community-based,
competence-oriented services for people with disabilities and their
- Promoting Public Awareness
- to assist indigenous partners in creating
strategies that promote inclusive societies and information campaigns
that raise public awareness.
- Public Policy Advocacy
- to increase the skills of service providers
in working in partnership and governments to design and implement
socially-inclusive public policies.
- In-country needs assessments
- Organizational development
- Program development
- Professional training
- Educational exchanges
- Advocacy and networking support
- Grant identification assistance
- Limited direct financial support
- Supported employment
Research and StudiesFrom time to time, IMPACT contracts with research organizations to develop studies related to the impact of the work the alliance does. Two such studies were done by the Mosaic Collaborative for Disabilities Public Policy & Practice in 2010. The executive summaries are available through the links below.
- Changing the World, One Person at a Time, A Cost-Effective Analysis of International Programs by Service Model
- Micro-Credit Loans: A Pathway Out of Poverty? - An Analysis of International Micro-Credit Loan Programs Supported by IMPACT in Kenya and Tanzania